1. López-Lozano JM, Monnet DL, Yagüe A, Burgos A, Gonzalo N, Campillos P, et al. Modelling and forecasting antimicrobial resistance and its dynamic relationship to antimicrobial use: a time series analysis. Int. J. Antimicrob. Agents. 2000 Feb;14(1):21 -31.
2. Monnet DL, López-Lozano JM, Campillos P, Burgos A, Yagüe A, Gonzalo N. Making sense of antimicrobial use and resistance surveillance data: application of ARIMA and transfer function models. Clin. Microbiol. Infect. 2001;7 Suppl 5:29 -36.
3. Bauraind I, Lopez-Lozano J-M, Beyaert A, Marchal J-L, Seys B, Yane F, et al. Association between antibiotic sales and public campaigns for their appropriate use. JAMA. 2004 Nov 24;292(20):2468 -70.
4. Rodríguez JC, Sirvent E, López-Lozano JM, Royo G. Criteria of time and antibiotic susceptibility in the elimination of duplicates when calculating resistance frequencies. J. Antimicrob. Chemother. 2003 Jul;52(1):132 -4.
5. Yagüe A, Cebrián L, Rodríguez-Díaz JC, Gonzalo-Jiménez N, Royo G, Campillos P, et al. [Expanded-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing strains of E. coli: origin, characteristics and incidence in Southern Alicante (Spain) in the period 1999-2003]. Enferm. Infecc. Microbiol. Clin. 2005 Feb;23(2):76 -9.
6. Aldeyab MA, McElnay JC, Scott MG, Elhajji FWD, Kearney MP. Hospital antibiotic use and its relationship to age-adjusted comorbidity and alcohol-based hand rub consumption. Epidemiol. Infect. 2013 May 9;1 -5.
7. Mahamat A, MacKenzie FM, Brooker K, Monnet DL, Daures JP, Gould IM. Impact of infection control interventions and antibiotic use on hospital MRSA: a multivariate interrupted time-series analysis. Int. J. Antimicrob. Agents. 2007 Aug;30(2):169 -76.
8. Cebrián L, Rodríguez JC, Escribano I, Cascales E, López-Lozano JM, Royo G. Influence of various criteria for elimination of duplicates when calculating the prevalence and antibiotic susceptibility of microorganisms associated with urinary infections. Int. J. Antimicrob. Agents. 2005 Feb;25(2):173 -6.
9. Aldeyab MA, Kearney MP, Scott MG, Aldiab MA, Alahmadi YM, Darwish Elhajji FW, et al. An evaluation of the impact of antibiotic stewardship on reducing the use of high-risk antibiotics and its effect on the incidence of Clostridium difficile infection in hospital settings. J. Antimicrob. Chemother. 2012 Dec;67(12):2988 -96.
10. Monnet DL, MacKenzie FM, López-Lozano JM, Beyaert A, Camacho M, Wilson R, et al. Antimicrobial drug use and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, Aberdeen, 1996-2000. Emerging Infect. Dis. 2004 Aug;10(8):1432 -41.
11. Aldeyab MA, Monnet DL, López-Lozano JM, Hughes CM, Scott MG, Kearney MP, et al. Modelling the impact of antibiotic use and infection control practices on the incidence of hospital-acquired methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus: a time-series analysis. J. Antimicrob. Chemother. 2008 Sep;62(3):593 -600.
12. Vernaz N, Huttner B, Muscionico D, Salomon J-L, Bonnabry P, López-Lozano JM, et al. Modelling the impact of antibiotic use on antibiotic-resistant Escherichia coli using population-based data from a large hospital and its surrounding community. J. Antimicrob. Chemother. 2011 Apr;66(4):928 -35.
13. Aldeyab MA, Harbarth S, Vernaz N, Kearney MP, Scott MG, Funston C, et al. Quasiexperimental study of the effects of antibiotic use, gastric acid-suppressive agents, and infection control practices on the incidence of Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea in hospitalized patients. Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 2009 May;53(5):2082 -8.
14. Monnet DL, López-Lozano JM. Relationship between antibiotic consumption and resistance in European hospitals. Med Mal Infect. 2005 Jun;35 Suppl 2:S127 -128.
15. Muller A, Lopez-Lozano JM, Bertrand X, Talon D. Relationship between ceftriaxone use and resistance to third-generation cephalosporins among clinical strains of Enterobacter cloacae. J. Antimicrob. Chemother. 2004 Jul;54(1):173 -7.
16. Muller AA, Mauny F, Bertin M, Cornette C, Lopez-Lozano J-M, Viel JF, et al. Relationship between spread of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and antimicrobial use in a French university hospital. Clin. Infect. Dis. 2003 Apr 15;36(8):971 -8.
17. Bertrand X, Lopez-Lozano JM, Slekovec C, Thouverez M, Hocquet D, Talon D. Temporal effects of infection control practices and the use of antibiotics on the incidence of MRSA. J Hosp Infect. 2012 Nov;82(3):164-9.
18. Lawes T, Edwards B, López-Lozano JM, Gould I. Trends in Staphylococcus aureus bacteraemia and impacts of infection control practices including universal MRSA admission screening in a hospital in Scotland, 2006-2010: retrospective cohort study and time-series intervention analysis. BMJ Open. 2012 Jun 8;2(3).
19. Lawes T, López-Lozano JM, Nebot C, Macartney G, Subbarao-Sharma R, Dare CR, Edwards GF, Gould IM. Turning the tide or riding the waves? Impacts of antibiotic stewardship and infection control on MRSA strain dynamics in a Scottish region over 16 years: non-linear time series analysis. BMJ Open. 2015 Mar 26;5(3)
20. Lawes T, López-Lozano J-M, Nebot CA, et al. Effects of national antibiotic stewardship and infection control strategies on hospital-associated and community-associated meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections across a region of Scotland: a non-linear time-series study. Lancet Infect Dis 2015; published online Sept 25. http://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099%2815%2900315-1/abstract
21. Lawes T, Lopez-Lozano JM, Nebot CA, Macartney G, Subbarao-Sharma R, Wares KD, Sinclair C, Gould IM. Effect of national 4C antibiotic stewardship intervention on the clinical and molecular epidemiology of Clostridium difficile infections in a region of Scotland: a non-linear time series analysis. Lancet Infect Dis. 2017 Feb;17(2):194-206. doi: 10.1016/S1473-3099(16)30397-8. Epub 2016 Nov 4.